Parents and students of the Barriere Secondary school community,
I am very pleased to be starting as the new Principal of Barriere Secondary. I look forward to seeing you all on Tuesday morning and I hope your summer has been one with an equal mix of adventure, fun and relaxation. Summer is a great time to recharge, but the time has come to get back to learning!
The following information went home to all BSS families for whom we have a phone number on file by synrevoice Friday evening, September 1st regarding school start up. The info is repeated here for your convenience in case you missed the phone message:
* School starts Tuesday, September 5th with a start time of 10:30am and a dismissal time of 12:30pm for all students.
* Buses will pick students up 2 hours later than usual and drop off 2 hours earlier than usual on Tuesday, September 5th
* On the first day, Student Verification packages will be handed out to students. Thes are i=mportant packages and need to be reviewed, signed and returned to the school office by Friday, September 8th with any corrections noted.
* For safety reasons, Parents & Guardians must phone the school or send a hand-written note before their child can sign out. Students cannot sign themselves out.
* Locks for lockers will be on sale in the office for $5 (slightly below our cost). PE locks are required for those students taking PE (this must be a separate lock from the student's main locker)
* School Newsletters are emailed to parents/guardians monthly. Please make sure the school has your email address so that you can receive these.
* Please check this website for important dates and daily schedules as well as important school and district information.
The staff of Barriere Secondary is looking forward to a FANTASTIC school year, and are excited to welcome you!
Paul Hembling, Principal